[K12OSN] "marketing" the K12LTSP desktop

Tom Ventresco aust_txv at access-k12.org
Wed Jun 8 14:58:41 UTC 2005

Desktop backgrounds...oddly enough the ability for all users to have
their own goofy background image has been a HUGE selling point this year
in our media center. I just left a group of kids who use the thins over
windows PC's for the speed and the small amount of customization ICE
allows them (themes and backgrounds) The students love it.

I agree some extra background images would not hurt.  Maybe a web site
like Gnome-look.org  but K12OSN-look.org ??  Or just show students
Gnome-look.org.  Oh another fun thing we do - In our Gnome labs kids
enjoy the GDM themes on login.   Another project here that I did not get
off the ground... Having my imaging classes make a GDM themes or
backgrounds as an assignment.  I am on the "make it look really cool"
band wagon.

I'm in.  What can I do ?

Tom