[K12OSN] (OT) Silicon Image Sil 3112 SATA Raid controler

Guy-Michel Lessard GLessard at cegepoutaouais.qc.ca
Thu Jun 9 15:12:48 UTC 2005

This is off topic but i could use some feedback from you who have played around with this controler.
I'm using K12ltsp v4.2.0
Linux recognises the chipset and loads the driver.
Bios enable the onboard controler and has created a raid1 from two disks.
If i down the server and i disconnect one of the drives and power back up, linux detects the failed drive and keeps going. Sa far so good.
Here's the problem, when we write a file (any file) to the raid (both disks up and running) and then check if the file is available on separate disks, the file is absent on the second disk of the array.
The feiling we get is that Linux is ignoring the hardware raid and talking straight to the first disk.