[K12OSN] LTSP for video-streaming room?

Ryan Collins mr.rcollins at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 20:13:41 UTC 2005

On 6/9/05, The Prof <joseph.bishay at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2) be able to provide streaming video to about 30 clients in the room
> in good video and audio quality, and
> 3) have a very basic (either touch screen or mouse-only) interface to
> select the video, pause, rewind/FF, and stop.

I could see something using Flash and their Flash video, if you can
get sound working in Flash. That way you could use a web interface to
your videos, and do all the tracking you need, and only require the
Flash player. You can also create your own Flash video player with the
control you would want.

I don't know how bandwidth intensive this would be, and whether 100MB
client to switch and 1000MB switch to server could handle it.

--
Ryan Collins
Technology Coordinator - Kenton City Schools