[K12OSN] Web Based Email

John Warf jwarf at chatham.k12.nc.us
Fri Jun 10 19:58:24 UTC 2005

We are currently looking at going away from POP3 email to a web based
solution.  Anyone have any good suggestions for a server program that
is free or low cost.  Below are things that I would love to have
included.

I would like to still have the option for POP3 for some people but
most users will be web based.
I also need it to be easy to use and have a look and feel a lot like
Exchange (or equivalent).
I want it to run off of a Linux box (Red-Hat 7.3 or 9) or run off a
Mac Server running OS 10.4.

Any suggestions and things that other school systems are using would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

John

John Warf