[K12OSN] In over my head

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 14 11:01:53 UTC 2005

I assume you're not using IDE drives, but just in
case:

Somehow when I was switching things around in my
computer, I ended up with a "slow cable" (what is it,
40 wire?) running between my "fast" IDE controller and
my "fast" hard drive (ATA133 vs ATA100).  This caused
all kinds of read errors.  I thought I had a bad
drive, then I switched back to the "fast cable" (80
wire, I think--the one with the blue plug) and all was
well.

-Rob