[K12OSN] terminal printers

Jim McQuillan jam at mcquil.com
Tue Jun 14 13:25:50 UTC 2005

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005, Julius Szelagiewicz wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Jun 2005, Sudev Barar wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 22:00, Julius Szelagiewicz wrote:
> > Sudev Barar
>
> Sudev, we have a misunderstanding here. This are the printers that worked
> fine before the upgrade, they don't work now. The queues get created
> correctly, but no printing occurs.

Seems like some simple troubleshooting is in order here.

Can you telnet to port 9100 on the client and start typing?
Hit Ctrl-L, and it should eject the page.

If the connection is refused, then the lp_server daemon probably isn't
running.  In that case, maybe it's not loading the kernel modules
required for the printer.

What type of interface does the printer have?  (Serial/Parallel/USB)

Can you send us a copy of your lts.conf file?

Printing on printers connected to LTSP-4.1.1 terminals DOES work. I've
seen it with my own eyes.  If it's not working for you, i'm pretty sure
we can get it figured out.

Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org