[K12OSN] which xserver to use?

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 18 00:40:36 UTC 2005

Below is the series of errors I am getting.  I get
this error pretty much regardless of all the changes
I've tried in lts.conf.  The only thing that gave me a
different error was when I attempted to specify
XF86CONFIG_FILE = "myfilename" per Sudev's
recommendation.  Unfortunately, it was a screen-full
of errors that disappeared too quickly to read.

I had previously tried loading agpgart.o because
knoppix loaded it when I booted that live cd.

I could not find in the BIOS any mention of the AGP
memory allocation.

I tried another AGP card I had laying around (2X,
32MB) and it worked (everything detected
automatically).  Unfortunately this card is damaged
and produces a shadowy display, otherwise I'd just use
it.

Thanks for helping out, everyone.  Here are the error
messages:

Warning  Auto-probe of the video card failed
You should specify the proper x server in lts.conf
proceeding with the SLOW vesa server

VESA(0) no matching nodes
screens found, but none have a usable configuration

fatal server error:
no screens found

x server failed
press enter to continue