[K12OSN] SELinux boot error issue

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Mon Jun 20 07:17:36 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-19 at 23:47 -0700, Eric Harrison wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Jun 2005, Gavin Chester wrote:

-snip-

> > etc
> > etc
> > Jun 19 21:49:56 local kernel: SELinux:  Initializing.
> > Jun 19 21:49:56 local kernel: SELinux:  Starting in permissive mode
> > Jun 19 21:49:56 local irqbalance: irqbalance startup succeeded
> > Jun 19 21:49:56 local kernel: selinux_register_security:  Registering
> > secondary module capability
> > etc
> > etc
> > etc
> > 	... however, the config file would have it otherwise:

-snip-

> Okay, I hope this is a simple explaination ;-)

Yeh, thanks :-)

-snip-

> I hope that helps. This stuff gets real deep real fast once you
> get beyond the basics.

Thanks for your continuing attention, Eric, and the explanation of
SELinux basics :-).  However, I'm no closer to the issue of the error
message - or even where to try looking for it.  Even if I reboot in
permissive mode where are the SELinux messages written becasue it's not
where I would expect (as posted before)?.

Perhaps the whole thing is in the info I've already posted.  Since doing
the most recent upgrade of SELinux rpms my system is now booting in
permissive mode (as shown above) even though the config file says it
shouldn't.  So perhaps the messages I'm seeing since the upgrade are
normal permissive-mode messages that were previously hidden?  Since all
services seem to start as they should, perhaps this is a case of ignore
it and stop worrying?

--
Regards,
        Gavin Chester