[K12OSN] rsyncing blacklists from mesd

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 22 18:55:15 UTC 2005

A few questions:

1)  How often should I rsync my blacklist?  I don't
want to abuse the free service that Eric and his
school are offering, and I don't want to attempt an
rsync every night if updates are only made once a
week.  But I also would like to keep pretty
up-to-date.

2)  Should I use the --delete option?  Do legitimate
sites show up on Eric's list only to be taken off
later?  If so, then I should use --delete, I think.

3)  When I rsync'd the first time, the owner and group
for all files and directories showed up on my machine
as "23".  Is the proper way to solve this to write a
script which rsyncs and then changes the ownership to
something that makes sense to my machine, or is there
a better way?

Thanks

-Rob