[K12OSN] Re: How to make a Mac default to network boot

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Fri Jun 24 16:36:57 UTC 2005

Yeah, I've got the CMD-OPT-O-F part (Chuck gave that to me the other night, and I wrote
it down).  And the page that Jimmy pointed me to has the syntax for setting it to
default to booting from the network:

setenv boot-device enet:192.168.1.254

I haven't tried it yet because I need to know the syntax for setting the default back to
booting from the hard drive.  Does anyone know that?  Also, is there a way to specify
the netboot with the above, but without specifying the server's address?  I should think
so since holding down the N key during boot works and I don't tell it the server address
for that.  I just want it to automatically do a broadcast request.

Petre