[K12OSN] Tweaking Gigabit Ethernet

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Jun 29 12:31:59 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 00:02, Bill Bardon wrote:

> Squeeze Your Gigabit NIC for Top Performance
> February 24, 2005
> By Charlie Schluting
> http://www.enterprisenetworkingplanet.com/nethub/article.php/3485486
>
> I am going to try his suggestions when I get my Gigabit setup
> operational, unless there's any reason I shouldn't?

Those changes won't hurt anything and might help a bit, but the
window size change is aimed at increasing the transfer speed of
a single connection. You are likely to have dozens of concurrent
connections and won't wait until you've hit the window size on
all of them.  Also, if the other ends are all 100M, you don't
want to get too far ahead.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com