[K12OSN] Dell 1425sc

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Wed Jun 1 18:55:33 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-06 at 07:21 -0400, David Dees wrote:
> OK   I'm ready to toss this Dell server....can't get LTSP to
> load....downloaded the current release over the weekend.
> Tried the  aic7xxx=no_probe
> I can install Red Hat AS v3 with no problem.
> One big problem is the 1425 has no floppy drive nor anyplace to attach on
> on the motherboard.
> Any other ideas?

[I've missed the majority of this thread, so please excuse me if I'm
just repeating what someone else or you have already considered.]

If you can install RHAS, why not just do that and then install LTSP?  Do
you have to absolutely use K12LTSP?

A CentOS based K12LTSP distro is supposed to be released in the near
future: that should work well on your server.

HTH,

Ranbir
--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu