[K12OSN] Squid - Fails to Start

Mark Sarria marksarria at socal.rr.com
Sat Jun 4 21:06:12 UTC 2005

I am configure squid with squidGuard, and using the K12ltsp Fedora Core 3
version, if you are using the same then all you have to do is go to

/etc/squid
then open squid-squidGuard in your editor (vi) and add your network to the
acl list
acl mynetwork src 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0

then make sure you have the visiable_hostname
visiable_hostname mycomputername

then start squidguard like so
/etc/init.d/squidguard start

and it should work set your clients to proxy to the server for me the server
ip is
192.168.1.101 port 3128

and your done, just test.

-mark