[K12OSN] Filtering anyone?

Joe Guenther jguenther at chinooksedge.ab.ca
Sun Jun 5 01:04:29 UTC 2005

IPCop is a linux firewall.  But it is also a web proxy (squid) - when
coupled with SquidGuard or DansGuardian it is then also a content
filter.  Besides that it is also a DHCP server, a caching DNS server, a
time server, and can also be configured to connect VPN's.  It comes with
a very nice graphical configuration interface, great system, network
traffic & proxy graphs.

You install this as the router/firewall between the public internet and
your internal network.  You need a computer with 2 NICs. It will support
dial-up, ISDN and ethernet (DSL, leased lines, etc)

I can heartily recommend it.
Joe Guenther