[K12OSN] K12LTSP 4.2.1 EL pre-release

John Baillie jbaillie at stmarys-school.org
Mon Jun 6 23:28:41 UTC 2005

Eric Wrote:

I uploaded pre-release ISOs of K12LTSP 4.2.1EL. I still need to do a
lot of testing, but this build *should* be pretty close to production-
quality.

The ISO images are built on CentOS 4.0. Shortly I will have instructions
on installing the K12LTSP 4.2EL packages on Red Hat EL AS4.0.

If you are so inclined to help with the quality assurance work, please
give this build a spin and report back any issues you run into!

   ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/4.2.1EL/iso/
   rsync -Pav k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us::K12LTSP-EL/* .

-Eric

Haven't had time to run it through its paces but
it loaded just fine on the server I'm lugging up to NELS
and I booted a terminal.

apt had bad sources list but running yum update fixed that.

Not all of the installers for in the additional software folder
work but that is usually the case with the beta releases.

Looking good so far.

That's it for now.

John