[K12OSN] is k12ltsp samba setup same as FC3?

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 8 09:54:37 UTC 2005

I'm just wondering if Eric has added anything to make
samba setup especially easy, or if it's all standard
FC3 stuff.  The reason I'm asking is that I've been
successful adding a samba server to a particular
network using k12ltsp, but not with ubuntu or knoppix.
 I'm a novice at Windows integration and I don't know
what I'm doing wrong w/ the other distros (the
smb.conf files look pretty much the same in all
cases).

So anyway, for additional samba servers I'm wondering
if doing a straight FC3 install will give me the same
good results, or is there something in the K12LTSP
packaging that has made this easier for a dummy like
me.

Thanks

-Rob