[K12OSN] video capture/recorder recomendation

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Jun 9 17:58:00 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 03:06:07AM -0700, Rob Owens wrote:
> the only one I've ever used is ksnapshot and it seems
> to work fine, but I didn't use it very much.

Ksnapshot is pretty good for stills (though I wish it wouldn't take
a fullscreen shot when I first launch it, since I rarely want one, and
it just wastes time).

I've used Xvidcap for taking video snapshots (I put some up of Tux Paint),
and it worked pretty well.  Knowing some mencoder-fu might be useful, though.
(Apparently, some Win32 users can't watch the AVIs it generated.  What-the!?)

--
-bill!
bill at newbreedsoftware.com
http://newbreedsoftware.com/