[K12OSN] Sharing with LDAP authentication

Petar Dimitrijevic perodim at on.net.mk
Fri Jun 10 18:28:47 UTC 2005

Hello,

I am using a Samba/LDAP combination installed with the smbldap script.
Every user on the network authenticates through this server.

There are large drives on the computers through the network which I
would like to share with Samba. I would like to use the same LDAP server
for authentication of users accessing these shares. I've tried this by
adding the following lines :

passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://192.168.0.254/
ldap admin dn = cn=Manager,dc=vorteksed,dc=com,dc=mk
ldap suffix = dc=vorteksed,dc=com,dc=mk
ldap group suffix = ou=Groups
ldap user suffix = ou=Users
ldap machine suffix = ou=Computers
ldap idmap suffix = ou=Users
#ldap ssl = start tls

, but without success (The IP of the LDAP server is 192.168.0.254).

Has anybody tried to do something like this or any ideas maybe ?

Best regards,
Peter D.