[K12OSN] terminal printers

Sudev Barar sudev at mantraonline.com
Tue Jun 14 07:21:46 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 22:00, Julius Szelagiewicz wrote:
>  any advice on how to get the terminal printers to work on stock k12
> 4.2.1? The masses are getting restive and the jet direct boxes are not

Step one fix the IP for each terminal that is get printer attached. Need
to edit the /etc/dhcpd.conf and add a section for each NIC (based on MAC
address).
Step two edit the lts.conf file and add section for each terminal and
define additional modules to be loaded for printer (usb/uhci etc..) for
which see example lines in the stock k12 lts.conf that are commented
out.
Step three use printtool (you will need root password) and add printers
for each workstation. Typically we name them PrinterWSxx) define this as
jetdirect printer attached at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9100 (where
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP for workstation) select [print driver and
save.
Step four restart dhcpd & cups services.
Step five restart the workstation with printer attached and print.

No need for jetdirect box! HTH

--
Sudev Barar
Learning Linux