[K12OSN] recommend a sound card

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 18 17:42:14 UTC 2005

I need to get a sound card for a thin client, and I'm
hoping to not need any special configuration.  Will
any pci sound card be automatically detected /
configured, or do I need to get one with a certain
chipset, etc?

Can anybody recommend a sound card that will work with
no special configuration?  I'm looking for something
cheap and I'd rather not have to fool around with
configuring the ancient isa cards that I've got
sitting around.  (Each one I try either plays at very
low volume, or only out of one speaker).

Thanks

-Rob