[K12OSN] K12LTSP 4.4.0 beta #1

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Sun Jun 19 05:44:27 UTC 2005

Hey folks,

After several days of heavy-hacking, I have a first beta of K12LTSP 4.4.0
ready for testing. This is based on the just-released Fedora Core 4.
It has all sorts of updates, including the OpenOffice.org 2.0 beta.
This beta also tests out changing the default desktop background.

I updated my laptop & desktop earlier this week and all is going well
so far.

Today we upgraded all of the servers at Riverdale and it went smooth
as can be.

But keep in mind that this is a first beta, it is not ready for
production use. This is not feature-complete and there are known
bugs.

Here is my current TODO list:

 	* Gcompris needs to be rebuilt (currently not included)
 	* create a wrapper package for acroread 7?
 	* finalize default background, new GDM theme?
 	* test, test, test

If you want to help test this beta out, please be sure to run
"yum upgrade" after you install. I've already updated a dozen
packages...

    ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/4.4.0/iso/
    rsync -Pav k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us::K12LTSP-beta/* .

-Eric