[K12OSN] APT with fc3 or fc4?

Olle Niit olle at paalalinn.com
Sun Jun 19 11:26:03 UTC 2005

Eric Harrison wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Jun 2005, Olle Niit wrote:
>
>> Synaptic wanted!
>>
>> But now FC3 and FC4.
>> Where get list file that points to correct addresses?
>> I am looking for it some time now - nothing.

Interesting: I installed Synaptic to FC3 today with yum -y install
synaptic and it works as it should.
In Synaptic: Settings menu, Repositories  - was all empty when I last
checked some times ago - This was my problem.
I think problem started with updates and was solved too with some updates.

It proves again - dont touch when it works, start yum -y update only
when you have real problem. Not to just up-do-date your system. After
troubles with wine when updated initscripts screwd it up, i'm very
worried. Then was problem with synaptic...
What to tell future homeuser clients? Never ever update your system?
Until you are smart enough to reinstall from setup cd-s?

What package provides configuration for apt-get mirror-select ? Pure FC4
install gives me nothing but error:
E: Failed to fetch mirror list file

Olle