[K12OSN] SELinux boot error issue

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Mon Jun 20 00:13:58 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-19 at 13:49 -0700, stacey pacquette wrote:
> I found the error text displayed during bootup in i think the boot log
> in /var/log, you should be able to read the entire message there.

Thanks for that tip.  Forgot to list that file as one I had checked, but
no good as far as the error message. Any other file ideas?

>   I also had similar problems with dhcp and winbind settings
> conflicting with SELinux Security Level settings.

I don't seem to have those issues.  At least, all the dmesg, etc files I
checked so far showed my services (that were meant to start) all started
without error at bootup.

>  Changing the security level to passive while trouble shooting helped
> to resolve the problems, fortunantly all was resolved within the
> Security Level settings.

I will try that, thanks.  This is done by editing
the /etc/selinux/config, yes?  Where does it print the warnings after
that?  I guess that means a reboot to bring up the warnings?

Gavin