[K12OSN] Re: test childsplay packages (FIXED)

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Tue Jun 21 12:14:13 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 07:55 -0400, John T. Leonard wrote:
> Quoting Eric Harrison <eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us>:
>

> > I fixed this bug and another slightly more annoying one.
> >
> > "yum install childsplay" should now install a nicely working
> > package.
> >

> > If you installed the first "less than perfect" package, you should
> > run the following commands to make sure it is removed. One is
> > for FC3/EL4 the other is for FC4, it is safe to run both commands
> > if you are not sure which version you have installed.
> >
> >  	rpm -e --noscripts childsplay-0.80.1.1-1.k12ltsp.4.2.1
> >  	rpm -e --noscripts childsplay-0.80.1.1-1.k12ltsp.4.4.0
> >

> > -Eric
> >
> Hi Eric....I've given it a quick try on my laptop with 4.2.1 and all is well
> except for the top left hand progam which is the 'A42H' icon....this crashes the
> program, at least on this HP laptop....all else seem fine, including the start
> menu item and sound...John

I can confirm this.  I had tried _most_ parts except that one a few
hours ago and didn't spot it, so thanks for the "heads-up", John.

Is it a "feature" that the program takes over the desktop?  By that I
mean, I wanted to see what resources the program was using, but couldn't
ctrl+Fx to another desktop where I had "top" running.  When the program
is running nothing else can be done on the station.  Good to control
little kids I guess, but makes it hard to administer the PC until you
kill it.
--
Regards,
        Gavin Chester