[K12OSN] How to VNC into my FC3 machines from outside?

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Wed Jun 22 19:22:17 UTC 2005

> No port forwarding setup (unless the K12LTSP FC3 does
> it by default).  Each machine has it's own static
> external IP address.  Pretty much a default install of
> K12LTSP 4.2.1.  I can get to my RH8 box using TightVNC
> on a Windows XP machine outside, but not to my FC3 boxes.

I have never used TightVNC before, I use VNC Viewer to connect to my FC3
K12 box.  If you want download it from my site
http://www.1-cs.com/vnc.exe and just use it with the defaults.  You only
need to plug in your IP and click OK, this should bring you to a login
screen.  If that doesn't work, well I don't know what next.