[K12OSN] How to VNC into my FC3 machines from outside?

richard ingalls aslansreturn at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 23 13:54:34 UTC 2005

--- Byron Kapali <bklinux at verizon.net> wrote:

> Richard,
> One thing you might want to check is your firewall
> settings.  VNC works
> off of port 5900 so you need to add it to the
> firewall.
>
> Applications-->System Settings-->Security Level
> Add 5900:tcp to the "Other ports" box.
>
> when you connect it should give you an x11 session.
> Hope this helps.

I have the firewalls disabled on all of these
machines.  The machine that I am able to successfully
VNC into (RedHat 8.0) is one of the few linux boxes
that I have with a firewall turned ON.  I can VNC into
that one machine and from it, I can VNC into the
others.  BUT I want to directly VNC into all of my
machines from the outside.