[K12OSN] Bulk-add script problem with SMB/LDAP InstallerfromOquist and Trask

Mark Sarria mes4294 at lausd.k12.ca.us
Thu Jun 30 17:47:26 UTC 2005

Funny thing, That did not work for me either, so what did I created entered
in my doc, the FirstName,LastName,username. I let the script add the
password, then I changed the value to allow users to change there password
at first login. To add them to the proper group I first made the file for
one group, then the another. I ran the script like this

./smbldap-useradd-bulk -g 523 -f userinfo.names -o userinfo.finish

Notice the -g, meaning add to that group. I then printed out the
userinfo.finish, for my records and also o give the user there newly created
account and password. Like I said earlier, I then change the value of each
user to allow them to change their password at first login.

This might not be the best solution, it is very time consuming, but this is
how I hade to make it work for me. I will keep an eye on this post, to see
if anyone else has a better way.

--mark