[K12OSN] old laptops as thin clients

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 1 17:57:37 UTC 2005

I'm thinking about getting one or two old laptops from
ebay to use as thin clients.  I don't know much about
laptops, so are there any gotchas that I have to watch
out for as far as getting one that will work?

I know I need an ethernet port and either a floppy,
hd, or cdrom (for loading the bootrom), but is there
anything else?  A pentium should do it, right?  Any
weird, incompatible hardware to watch out for?

Thanks

-Rob