[K12OSN] Netware Authentication

Pete pvdw at criticalcontrol.com
Tue Mar 1 18:06:13 UTC 2005

Burt Carter wrote:

>I have followed both of the articles to a T and still things are not
>working.  I ran
>"ncpmount -S 10.10.100.17 -V user:/user/username -U username -P password
>/home/username/nwhome" (Where username is the name of the user and
>password is the password)
>and got the following error:
>
>ncpmount: Server not found (0x8847)
>
>My best guess is that ncpmount is attempting to use ipx to connect to
>the share and I do not have ipx setup on the Linux Box.
>Any suggestions?

Yes...
do you use the IP address or the name of the server in the original
ncpmount line?
AFAIK ncp does not use DNS so if you use servername than put an entry in
the /etc/hosts file.

Did you compile ncpmount yourself after downloading the latest source?
What options did you use?
Did you compile it with IPX support only?
DO you need IPX or can you use IP?

Can you do a ping 10.10.100.17?
i.o.w. the server is there?
No firewall blocking IP/X traffic between client/server?

Peter