[K12OSN] Project MueKow

Jim McQuillan jam at mcquil.com
Tue Mar 1 18:14:42 UTC 2005

I'd like to share with all of you a project that we're working on in the
world of LTSP.  The codename is 'Project MueKow' (pronounced: Moo Cow).

The project is an experiment in how we build LTSP.  If it works as we
hope, it will likely become LTSP-5, hopefully in Q4-2005.

If you caught Eric Harrison's email late last week about some
integration we are working on between LTSP and Ubuntu, you already know
a little bit about it.

I've written up an article on our wiki, describing in some detail what
we are really trying to do.

So, I invite you all to take a look at:

     http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/MueKow

Please read through it, and give us some feedback.  This is still in the
very early stages, and we haven't written any code yet, but it is
something that we are excited to move forward with.

Thanks,

Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org