[K12OSN] Project MueKow

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Wed Mar 2 18:45:04 UTC 2005

Jim,

I like that idea, because in many cases my machines have the local
horsepower to do many things...in particular run Firefox and flash...that
would be my biggest thing.  So far that's my achilles heel on my
system....since Firefox and flash-plugin eats up CPU cycles like they're
going out of style.  If I could shift the work to the local
terminals...then I'd be a freaking hero.  Everything else is fine....OO
takes a while to load, but once loaded...it's fine.

I feel fortunate that I was there when you and Scott first were joking
about "MueKow"...from everything I'm reading...MueKow sounds like an
excellent idea...and "should" (computer guys famous words) work.  the
concept is sound and the idea makes sense.  Before we know it, LTSP could
be as much a part of any distro much like Samba is now.  (Don't tell
Terpstra or we'll be doing another drunken chant like we did a couple
weeks ago....Linux s*cks....everyone in)  ;-)   Let me know how I can
help...remember, my strong point is documentation  ;-)

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 at 8:39 AM +0000 wrote:
>On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, David Trask wrote:
>
>> Just making sure I understand what you mean by locally....you mean pull
>> the app down the pipe and use the terminals resources to run the app?
>
>Yep, that's exactly right.
>
>Jim McQuillan
>jam at Ltsp.org

David N. Trask