[K12OSN] Setting Up Censornet

Ken Johnson ken.tech1 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 17:18:18 UTC 2005

I'm a newbie trying to set up Censornet. It looks like a good solution
to my content filtering requirement.

I am confused, however about where to place the computer running Censornet.

K12LTSP:

eth0--->Internet

eth1--->switch--->workstations

Censornet has 2 NICs also, how should they be connected in this setup?

Also I am testing this on a home network that consists of:

cable modem --->Netgear MR814 Router--->PCs

When I connect the k12LTSP server  (eth0) to the router it doesn't see
the Internet.
When I connect  the k12LTSP server  (eth0) directly to the cable modem
it DOES see the internet.  Why?

Is there any way I can put the k12LTSP server behind my router so my
Windows stand-alone machines can share internet access?

I would appreciate any help.

Scratching my head-
Ken Johnson