[K12OSN] K12LTSP and Dan's Guardian

Mark Cockrell cockrell at honeygroveisd.net
Fri Mar 4 17:39:24 UTC 2005

>You first asked whether or not DG could *filter* clients on the same
>server. That is a much different question than whether or not it can
>*transparently filter* clients on the same server.
>

>The short answer is that transparent filtering does not work on the
>terminal server, you need a separate server to do transparent filtering.
>

> Here are few of the frequently asked questions about transparent
> filtering:
>
> http://www.k12ltsp.org/phpwiki/index.php/WebFiltering%3AIntegration
>

> -Eric

Ok, I knew I remembered something about something not working somewhere
and some time. ;)  It's all becoming clear to me now.  I can run DG on
the K12LTSP server, but I have to configure each user's browser to use
port 8080 for proxying.  Does that sound right?  I had DG setup here
long before I setup my K12LTSP box, so it was a non-issue.  Now, I'm
hoping to replicate my success elsewhere.  Thanks.

--
C-ya,
Mark