[K12OSN] K12LTSP at a hockey tournament

Joe Guenther jguenther at chinooksedge.ab.ca
Sat Mar 5 04:28:51 UTC 2005

Just a little story for the rest of you guys

I will be setting up a K12LTSP server - 4/5 workstation Internet cafe at
our local provincials Midget championship hockey tournament. There will
be 8 hockey teams with parents, coaches, etc from all over the province.
All the games results are posted to the internet.  I thought it would be
a good idea to actually have internet terminals in the multi-purpose
room in the arena.  The local computer shop is sponsoring the server for
the weekend, and I have committed to setup and installation of K12LTSP.

now I just have to find a way to do some good publicity ... hang up a
banner with LTSP.org or something like that. ... leave some nice color
brochures beside the terminals.  Therfore the appeal to all you great
people.  Does anyone have a nice K12LTSP brochure in pdf format that I
could chase through a color laser printer to use to place beside the
terminals ... toot our horn a bit?

I already have a LTSP server / workstation setup at the public library
here in town.  I have the high school lab on K12LTSP ... so I figured it
would be nice to have a public way of displaying the advantages of LTSP
- open source / no lic fees
- great way to use old "recycled" computers
- fast / secure / stable operating system

:-)
Joe Guenther
Didsbury, Alberta Canada