[K12OSN] K12ltsp V 4.1.1 & new(er) kernels problem

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 18:13:52 UTC 2005

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 11:28:19 -0500, norbert <bear2bar at netscape.net> wrote:
>  HI,
>
>  I'm not sure how or  why but the newer releases of the kernel are causing
> my system to "crash" - "kernel panic system stopped you may reboot now"

Fedora Project since it's inception has been a test/experiment
platform for Redhat. Therefore, I don't expect Fedora to be totally
stable, especially with smp systems under heavy load that an LTSP
server experiences. That's not to say everyone will experience
flakyness but I don't think everyone should expect rock solid
stability. An alternative is to use Centos 4 and add LTSP or wait till
K12LTSP moves over to Ubuntu (which is Debian based) Once Sarge comes
out (soon) Ubuntu will reap the stability, support and longevity of
Debian stable.

BTW I'm using 3.1.2 (RH9). My only real regret is not being able to
run Scribus, Inkscape and GIMP 2.x

--
Robert Arkiletian