[K12OSN] creating rpm packages from source

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 7 12:15:44 UTC 2005

I've read at least 3 different methods of doing this,
and I'm wondering what most people use.  There is a
program called "checkinstall" that seems like it might
work for me.

I want to create packages from source for installation
on my own machine.  I do not need to do any custom
settings, and in fact I would probably prefer if the
program doesn't ask me too many questions or give me
too many options.  I don't think I'm ready for that
yet!

Any opinions?

-Rob