[K12OSN] K12ltsp V 4.1.1 & new(er) kernels problem

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Mon Mar 7 15:36:28 UTC 2005

Mounting /home across different versions of K12LTSP presents its own set
of problems, I discovered this weekend.  My primary server is running
3.1.2, and I just built a new server using 4.2.0.  I mounted the /home
directory from the 3.1.2 box onto the 4.2.0 box, turned off DHCPD on the
old box, turned on DHCPD on the new box, and fired up a terminal.  It
connected to the new server, booted, etc.  The only problem was with
gnome.  Apparently, something has changed as far as the settings in the
user's ~/ directory because I got errors and duplicate desktop icons and
the panels were messed up, had no menu button so no way to logoff, etc.
  Not to say the problems are insurmountable, but I sure wouldn't call
it a transparent upgrade.

Petre