[K12OSN] Windows Users changing password or not as the case may be

cliebow at downeast.net cliebow at downeast.net
Tue Mar 8 00:15:44 UTC 2005

davie: in the smbldap-tools 0.8.7 howto is a scetion specifically
addressing the issue..chuck

6.8 The directive passwd program = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-passwd -u %u is
not called, or i got a error message when changing the password from windows

 The directive is called if you also set unix password sync = Yes. Notes:
if you use OpenLDAP, none of those two options are needed. You just need
ldap passwd sync = Yes.

the script called here must only update the userPassword attribute. This is
the reason of the -u option. Samba passwords will be updated by samba itself.

the passwd chat directive must match what is prompted when using the
smbldap-passwd command

> Brian...can you verify that if you change the Windows (aka Samba) password
> does the Unix password change too?  The reason I ask is that on my current
> production server configured based on my how-to (prior to the script) has
> the line unix password sync = yes and achucklso ldap password sync = yes
in the
> smb.conf file...and as a result....changing the password works.  I'm
> wondering if something has changed in either smbldap-tools or samba to
> makevid: in smbldap-tools there is a howto that adressesspecifically the
passwd change prob that not the case in the new version.  In any case...if
the unix