[K12OSN] Server load balancing, made easy

Daniel Hedblom daniel.hedblom at skola.solleftea.se
Tue Mar 8 09:29:09 UTC 2005

Hello!

I have tried this and it worked fairly well. Many GUI processes seamed to have
problems migrating to other servers but it can be because of misconfig on my
behalf. When i ran a test script with a big bunch of awk processes it did
migrate and load balanced the processess but not in normal terminal server use.

/daniel

Citerar Jonathan Carter <jonathan at shuttleworthfoundation.org>:

> M.Pribik wrote:
> > I don't have any experience with this solution of the load balancing ,
> but
> > if it works /it seems it does/ it is briliant
> > and natural solution.
> > Marian
>
> Hi
>
> I see on the ltsp wiki it's possible to use openmosix to do this too.
> We're looking at installing an 80 seater lab with 2x very powerful
> servers (Xeon machines with 2GB ram each). Has anyone done this with
> openmosix before? Or is there a HOWTO / tutorial?
>
> thanks
> Jonathan

Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum!

 /V\ Daniel Hedblom  | Nipanskolan