[K12OSN] Server load balancing, made easy

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 20:16:01 UTC 2005

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 10:33:57 +0200, Jonathan Carter
<jonathan at shuttleworthfoundation.org> wrote:
> I see on the ltsp wiki it's possible to use openmosix to do this too.
> We're looking at installing an 80 seater lab with 2x very powerful
> servers (Xeon machines with 2GB ram each). Has anyone done this with
> openmosix before? Or is there a HOWTO / tutorial?

You could also try getting a quad Opteron. Tyan makes these wonderful
boards. When k12lstp eventually goes 64bit you can reap the benefits
of a 64 bit OS . In the meantime use a bigmem kernel upto 64G of ram.
I think a 4 way Opteron with 8G ram should easily handle 90 clients
with icewm.

--
Robert Arkiletian