[K12OSN] smbldap-useradd-bulk script & quota's (Brian Chivers)

Matt Oquist moquist at majen.net
Thu Mar 10 14:19:16 UTC 2005

> From: "Brian Chivers" <brian at portsmouth-college.ac.uk>
> Subject: [K12OSN] smbldap-useradd-bulk script & quota's
> I've been looking through the smbldap-useradd-bulk script and trying to
> workout how to add quota limits. Currently we have a script that generates
> then copies the quota from a user called ideal_student using the command
>
> edquota -p ideal_student username
>
> Could someone tell me where in the script I'd have to add this, I was
> thinking just under the line where the users smbpasswd is set

Yeah, that looks right.  Probably like this:
    # Silently change the user's LDAP password
    # (If we don't redirect stderr into /dev/null, smbldap-passwd
    # complains.)
    open PWD, "| smbldap-passwd $uname 2>/dev/null 1>&2";
    print PWD "$password\n$password";
    close PWD;

    edquota -p $opt_q $uname

If you want to just hack this on your own system ATM, you can just put
"edquota -p ideal_student $uname" right there and it should work for
you.  I put "$opt_q" there because this sounds like it should be an
additional option - how about "-q <ideal-student>"?

>  Perhaps it could be added as an optional field to the file that the script
> reads ? but I have no idea how to do this.

Yeah, you're right.  It should be an optional field in the input, but
there should also be a "-q" (or whatever, but I think 'q' makes sense)
option on the command line to allow a default ideal-user to be
specified.

I'm kinda swamped at the moment, but I can plan to get to this and
Dave's ACL work in a couple of weeks or so.  If anybody needs this
urgently, try hacking it in as I mentioned above...

Good suggestion, Brian.

--matt