[K12OSN] OT: Network FAX system vs. 12 FAX numbers

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Thu Mar 10 18:19:07 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 11:39, Rob Owens wrote:
> If you wanted, you could also get phone/fax service
> from a VOIP (voice over IP) company.  I have a voice
> phone line from vonage (www.vonage.com) and I could
> add a fax-only line for $10/month.  Heck, if you
> decide you want to try vonage, I can send you an email
> referral and you'll save some money off of your first
> bill.

Do you know if there are pure-software fax-over-voip programs so
you don't have to connect to a real fax machine?  When I was
using hylafax years ago the modems seemed to be the weakest
link in the concept and sometimes would not quite work with
certain fax machines at the other end.  It would be nice if
a service company handled that part of the problem for you.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com