[K12OSN] HP NetRaid (LSI MegaRaid) & invisible drives

David H. Barr david at okgoodwill.org
Thu Mar 10 20:25:42 UTC 2005

... so today was to be the big day... I rsync'd from my test (4.0) disks up to current (4.2) overnight, and burned a fresh set today.  Did a media check and had to re-burn disc2, so I've been burning most of the day in between help requests.  I finally got to sit down and boot from CD, and what do you know... my NetRAID (AKA LSI MegaRaid) is detected, but no logical drive is detected.  I booted sysResc and verified that I have a logical drive that should be presented to Fedora, but no dice.  Knoppix also detects my drive.

Any suggestions as to how I can get my logical drive recognized on the k12ltsp boot?  Failing that, is there a way to DE-sync my .iso's back to 4.0 (had a successful install on the test run)?  I'd hate to have to waste the bandwidth of downloading all four disks again, then get a valid install, THEN update all the packages to 4.2.  I'm looking for a clean install here.

Thanks in Advance,
David H. Barr
Sys / Net Admin
Oklahoma Goodwill Industries