[K12OSN] Samba/LDAP Management

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Fri Mar 11 00:14:24 UTC 2005

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
Thursday, March 10, 2005 at 3:33 PM +0000 wrote:
>What tool is everyone using to manage users and groups along with the
>setup derived from the Samba/LDAP script?  I got a couple of
>recommendations from Chuck and David at LW but can't remember them :-)
>Looking for a nice gui, David I think the one you had looked pretty good
>with easy drag and drop stuff.
>
>Thanks

I use(d) (I say used because I haven't used it in about a year since I now
do everything on the command line....it's faster)...Directory
Administrator.  But!  If you install it use the RPM's from DAG's site as
other wise you may have "icon trouble"....and get various error messages.
It's pretty slick and easy to use.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School