[K12OSN] Samba/LDAP Management

Brian Chivers brian at portsmouth-college.ac.uk
Fri Mar 11 10:44:07 UTC 2005

Jim Kronebusch wrote:
> What tool is everyone using to manage users and groups along with the
> setup derived from the Samba/LDAP script?  I got a couple of
> recommendations from Chuck and David at LW but can't remember them :-)
> Looking for a nice gui, David I think the one you had looked pretty
> good with easy drag and drop stuff.
>
> Thanks

I have started looking at Samba-Console and IMC from Idealx and it's really
good. I had a few issues getting it working but now I have it's great.
Give's you loads of control and you have access to all the important stuff.

I use the bulk add scripts at the cli

I also use JXplorer beacuse I use a windows machine to admin the server
(head hung in shame)

If anyone would like rpm's for IMC built agains't Fedora Core 3 let me know
and I'll mail them over.

Brian