[K12OSN] Help design a new elementary school!

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 11 11:50:27 UTC 2005

Regarding the conduit:

Every bend you put in conduit makes it harder to pull
wires through it -- especially if there are a lot of
wires in a single conduit.  I would try to eliminate
all bends by terminating all your straight conduit
runs in some sort of access panel.  The access panel
will serve as your "information highway intersection".
 If you need to have a blind bend somewhere (I mean a
bend that is inaccessible), I would definitely try to
limit it to one.

You might want to see if there are any regulations as
to how many wires you are allowed to run through a
certain size conduit.  I know there are rules for
power wiring, but I doubt there are any for low-power
stuff like ethernet, etc.  Still, you should check
into it so you know how much conduit you should
install.

-Rob