[K12OSN] error in smbldap-useradd (SOLUTION FOUND)

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Fri Mar 11 14:20:56 UTC 2005

Just FYI....for all using smbldap-installer.  Do not install your own
version of smbldap-tools....let the installer do it for you.  The
installer is written for 0.86.  0.87 is very new and has yet to be well
proven (heck I was nervous about 0.86)....not only that....in keeping with
the tradition of Samba releases...(don't get me wrong...I love the work
they do)....but they manage to change many critical elements thus screwing
up anything we've done in the past.  Samba is notorious for
this...especially with the jump from Samba 2.x to Samba 3.x.  Took me
several weeks to rewrite my how-to and it wasn't until I threw out my old
how-to and quit cross-referencing it (that's what slowed me down)....that
I was able to make progress.  So in short...let the script do the work for
you...don't download the new smbldap-tools yet.

Again...smbldap-installer 1.2 is available here
http://majen.net/smbldap/smbldap-installer-1.2.tgz   and here
http://web.vcs.u52.k12.me.us/linux/smbldap/

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
Friday, March 11, 2005 at 7:09 AM +0000 wrote:
> [...]

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us