[K12OSN] Can't see internet on fresh 4.2.0 install

David D. Nelson nelsda at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 13 06:56:27 UTC 2005

I can't get a new install of K12LTSP 4.2.0 to see the
internet. I have a static IP which is connected to
eth1. I have set the correct ip, mask, and gateway
according to what my ISP provided. I know they work
because I can connect with a windows box using the
same settings. I can ping eth1's ip but when I try to
ping anything on the outside I get a message which
says something like network not reachable. I finally
did a default install to see if it was something I did
wrong and it still doesn't work. Could there be some
firewall settings I need to set? If so, how/what do I
set them to? At this point I don't need to host
anything. I just want my terminals back and be able to
have the LTSP box be a firewall and router to the
internet.

Thank you.

David D. Nelson
nelsda at yahoo.com