[K12OSN] mounting extra LVM with same name - accessing files from my old K12LTSP 4.2 installation

Krsnendu dasa krsnendu at orcon.net.nz
Wed Mar 16 00:56:02 UTC 2005

[Krsnendu dasa] I have installed K12LTSP on a new server (exact same
architecture as previous). Now I want to copy some files from previous
installation. (/homes etc.) I thought I would just plug in the hard drive
from the other machine and mount it. But both are LVM with the same name and
I don't know how to access them. I thought of trying to rename one of the
LVMs and then trying to mount it. Then copying the files from one to the
other.

Of course I could also copy through the network, but I would also like to
understand better how LVM works.