[K12OSN] Can't see internet on fresh 4.2.0 install

Jim McQuillan jam at mcquil.com
Wed Mar 16 14:26:09 UTC 2005

One of the major differences between k12ltsp-3 and k12ltsp-4 is the
server now uses a 2.6 kernel.  I point this out, because the 2.6 kernel
detects network interfaces differently, and many times in the reverse
order.

So, what was eth0 and eth1 on a 2.4 kernel becomes eth1 and eth0.

If you are having networking troubles after upgrading to anything with a
2.6 kernel, try swapping the network cables.

Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org